1. Pertaining to leave-taking or departing; valedictory.
1. Obsolete. A farewell address; valedictory.
The others followed suit and, politely apopemptic, vanished into the night.
-- Sōseki Natsume, Aiko Ito, Graeme Wilson, "I Am a Cat"
Only to the fool who believes all truths debatable, who believes true virtue resides not in men but in eulogies, true sorrow not in partings but in apopemptic hymns…
-- John Gardner, "Jason and Medeia"
Rising to prominence in the middle 1700s, apopemptic derives from the Greek apopemptikós, pertaining to 'sending away.'
Dictionary.com Word of the Day
Recommended Web Sites!
- Internet Public Library . The “Reading Room” is interesting. Books, magazine, journal links and much much more.
- File Extension Resource. Ever wonder what those extensions mean on a file? Check this site out for thousands of extensions, what they mean, and what programs open them
- The Purdue University Online Writing Lab ...MLA guidelines in research papers, and citing all sources from a single book to government ...
- New York Public Library's Digital Gallery provides free and open access to over 640,000 images digitized from the The New York Public Library's vast collections, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints, photographs and more.