Are you looking for research about global issues from a larger, non-U.S. perspective? Gale's Global Issues in Context is the database that can give you the information you seek. The material below is a description of the database from the publisher's web site.
For more information, click on the links under Scope and Depth to be taken right to the database. (If you are off campus, you will need the password which is located in MyRACC portal at the bottom of the page after you log in).
Scope and Depth
Global Issues In Context spans continents and cultures to bring essential, balanced information to researchers across many academic disciplines. Integrating news, global viewpoints, reference, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics and more in a single search, Global Issues In Context not only focuses on broad issues such as poverty and nuclear proliferation, it also prompts a close appraisal of targeted issues, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Syrian Civil War, Genetically Modified Foods, Internet Control and Security, and Privacy Rights.
- Updated daily with more than 660 geographically diverse full-text newspapers, magazines, and journals for a truly global view
- 100 Gale proprietary reference titles, including Human Geography: People & the Environment, Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Cultures, Middle East Conflict Reference Library, and Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations.
- 250 Country topic pages and more than 400 Issue pages covering:
- Business and Economics
- Conflict and Diplomacy
- Environment and Climate Change
- Government, Politics, and Law
- Health and Medicine
- Science and Technology
- Society and Culture
- Women, Children, and the Family
- Images, videos, and podcasts
- Interactive maps
- Thousands of charts and graphs and other statistical information