Scenario: Pat is up late at night finishing an essay for PSY class that is due by the 11:00 class.
Pat is checking it one last time to see if the essay has all of the required sources, when Pat suddenly sees something is missing and breaks the silence with a scream.
“Yikes, I need one more source and it has to be a book!”
Remember, a voice in Pat’s head whispers, when the Reference Librarian, Ms. Stahler talked to your class in the library she told you about an online database where you can read books online. Where is that sheet she gave out with the passwords to access the online databases?
Here it is! Hmm, under Books, NetLibrary…Thousands of E-books … I only need one …Oh no! Good news, bad news. Good news, no password need. Bad news, I must first set up an account on campus.
The library opens at 8AM, if I am there when the doors open I can finish my paper before my class and while I am there I can sign up for NetLibrary, and maybe next time start my paper a little earlier.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Recommended Web Sites!
- Internet Public Library . The “Reading Room” is interesting. Books, magazine, journal links and much much more.
- File Extension Resource. Ever wonder what those extensions mean on a file? Check this site out for thousands of extensions, what they mean, and what programs open them
- The Purdue University Online Writing Lab ...MLA guidelines in research papers, and citing all sources from a single book to government ...
- New York Public Library's Digital Gallery provides free and open access to over 640,000 images digitized from the The New York Public Library's vast collections, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints, photographs and more.