
Kim Stahler
I think I have found the one: Yelp.com. Started in California in 2004, Yelp offers many more reviews than TripAdvisor and CitySearch. It was one of the Top 100 U.S. Internet sites in 2008. The reviews seem written with a great deal of detail, sense of humor, creativity, and honesty. Yelp incorporates Facebook-like features, like letting you fancy up your profile with pictures and interests and adding friends. I will make a special effort to add reviews of new and cool places in Reading. Try it and let me know what you think.
A few Yelp reviews later, I found a restaurant that was perfect for me, Mi Lah if you want to see it. Check it out at http://www.yelp.com/biz/mi-lah-vegetarian-philadelphia.
Kim Stahler kstahler@racc.edu
Instruction/Reference Librarian, Yocum Library
Webiste Review: http://www.yelp.com/
Have you foodies heard of Yelp.com?
I love trying new restaurants. I know, who doesn't? But I like to do my research first. I have long been searching for THE review site that offered both lots of well written reviews by diners as well as good geographical coverage -- Berks County, for example, and anywhere else I might be traveling.
I think I have found the one: Yelp.com. Started in California in 2004, Yelp offers many more reviews than TripAdvisor and CitySearch. It was one of the Top 100 U.S. Internet sites in 2008. The reviews seem written with a great deal of detail, sense of humor, creativity, and honesty. Yelp incorporates Facebook-like features, like letting you fancy up your profile with pictures and interests and adding friends. I will make a special effort to add reviews of new and cool places in Reading. Try it and let me know what you think.
Tip: My old friend Google Maps is still the best at mapping out restaurants (or whatever you are seeking) near an address. For example, I recently put in the Philadelphia address I would be visiting with the word "vegetarian" at the end, and Google Maps found me some great, close-by places and mapped them out for me.
A few Yelp reviews later, I found a restaurant that was perfect for me, Mi Lah if you want to see it. Check it out at http://www.yelp.com/biz/mi-lah-vegetarian-philadelphia.
Kim Stahler kstahler@racc.edu
Instruction/Reference Librarian, Yocum Library