Sunday, January 20, 2013

From Paris

Paris Snowstorm
Bonjour from Paris,

I arrive Sunday January at 8 a.m. Paris time. That would be Sunday 2 a.m. Paris is 6 hours ahead of Reading.

The arrival was greeted by a freak snow storm. We could not disembark the airplane because the lock to the gangway door froze and the had to wheel out portable stairs.

After about 45 minutes we were allowed to exit the plane by the front emergency door. The passengers were let out to the full force of the snow storm and had to go down a flight of metal steps loaded with snow and cross the tarmac, then up another flight of snow covered stairs to enter a secure part of the airport.

After clearing customs I was able to pick up luggage and find my limo driver who had been waiting for over an hour. I am in my studio apt. and will get a few hours sleep to help fight jet lag.

I will start sending post tomorrow from Paris, bonne nuit.