Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Meet the Staff: Patricia Nouhra

Job title: Distance Learning Librarian

Years here: I have been working in The Yocum Library for 26 years. Before that I was teaching ESL, education courses, reading, writing, and not arithmetic, as well as working in the Tutoring Center.

Brief description of your responsibilities: My title is Distance Learning Librarian. I also help with reference, displays, and purchasing.

Name one or two things that you love about working in The Yocum Library. I enjoy the people I work with and the students and, of course, the books and films.

Favorite movie? My favorite movie is “Singing in the Rain.” It is so joyful. I love musicals.

Favorite book? I cannot choose a favorite book. There are too many. But I do love all of Jane Austin.

Who inspires you? My mother, my mother-in-law, my aunt. They were very strong, independent women.

What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now (work, school, personal)? I am working on being a grandmother because I am expecting another granddaughter for Christmas.

What’s your secret talent that no one knows about? My secret talent is so secret I have yet to discover it.

If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Travel with and to my family.

Community/volunteer activities: When my children were in school, I would volunteer in their schools.

No comments: